You probably do not think too much about the inner workings of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or before it comes time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most from this important appliance it can be extremely useful to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cool—and Prime Pasadena Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to find out all you should know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to reach out to refrigerator repair Pasadena.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard household appliance for several years now. A refrigerator stores food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to stop rotting and limit bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from the interior of the unit to the exterior, relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Prime Pasadena Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it’s need for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the back outside wall of the appliance and will help to emit the heat absorbed from inside the refrigerator out into the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs heat held inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside.
The moment the evaporator isn’t working, it is time to find a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transferred through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, turning it back into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period as it is needed.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Pasadena for service the moment a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the compressor to engage, and the cooling cycle starts. The appliance collects the cold liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the rear of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and transforms to a liquified state.
3. The cool refrigerant continues on its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the many coils within the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the optimal set point.
5. The coolant will evaporate, and turns back into a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in quite a few applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting heat from one location and transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, provides a safe storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with Prime Pasadena Appliance Repair.
Prime Pasadena Appliance Repair will repair nearly all popular models of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our service technicians in Pasadena complete training to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart systems and countless other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Prime Pasadena Appliance Repair